Mercy Health will be offering a free "Alive at 25" defensive driving class program on Saturday, February 20th from 8am-12pm at Republic High School for RHS students. Below you will find a brief description of the event and a link to register your son/daughter for the class if you so choose. There are only 30 spaces available, so if you are interested, please register ASAP. For more information about the program, call 417-820-7233 or email email@example.com.
Alive at 25
FREE Defensive Driving Class
Proven to help teach young adults to drive safe and responsibly
Alive at 25® is a highly-interactive course developed by the National Safety Council that helps young
adults under the age of 25 take greater responsibility for their driving by focusing on behavior, judgment
and decision making. This 4-hour classroom course teaches young drivers that there are consequences
to their driving behavior and provides the tools for making positive choices.
What participants will learn
• People in their age group are more likely to be hurt or killed in a vehicle crash
• Inexperience, distractions, and peer pressure cause unique driving hazards
• Speeding, alcohol, and "party drugs" greatly increase their risk of death
• As a driver or passenger, they can greatly reduce their risk by taking control
• Committing to changing their driving behavior makes personal, legal and financial sense
To register, visit:
RHS will begin offering before and after school (C.O.R.E.) tutoring in the library beginning on Tuesday, September 15. Morning tutoring will be available Wednesday through Friday each week from 6:45-7:15am. Afternoon tutoring will be available Tuesday through Thursday each week from 2:45-3:45pm. Teachers from each of the core content areas will be in the library during these times to assist students with academic needs.
Mark your calendars! The Republic School District will host summer school May 31-June 24. More information will be forthcoming.