Filing dates for the April 4, 2017 election of Board of Education representatives were approved at the November Board of Education meeting. Filing dates will begin December 13, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. and will continue Monday-Friday during normal office hours until January 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Candidates can file at the district Central Office at 518 N. Hampton (back side of Price Elementary). There will be three positions available. All are three-year terms.
The Missouri School Boards' Association provides multiple resources to candidates. Click HERE
to access this information. Candidates should call specific attention to the requirements of placing their name on the ballot. The document named "A Candidate's Guide to Running for the School Board" lists these requirements. Below are a few specific items to consider:
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates must be a resident of Missouri for a minimum of one year.
- Candidates must reside within the Republic School District.
- Candidates must be at least 24 years old.
- Candidates cannot be delinquent on various taxes, and must file an affidavit affirming this fact to the Missouri Department of Revenue.
- Candidates cannot have been convicted of, found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under Missouri and/or federal law. Misdemeanors under federal law are also applicable.