THANK YOU to the Republic School District community for supporting our schools by passing the no tax levy increase bond issue for a new activity facility on the campus of Republic High School! The vote was 71.8% in favor! We are appreciative of your loyalty and trust...now the work begins! Below is the projected timeline for the construction of the activity facility. Over the coming months we will share updates with you as the project progresses.
Spring 2017: The schematic plans and design development phases will be completed along with the finalization of bidding specs and scope of work plans.
Summer 2017: The quality control process will be completed, official permits will be obtained, the bidding process will be open and then bids accepted.
Fall 2017: Construction will begin in early fall 2017.
Fall 2018: The activity facility at RHS is expected to be completed in the fall of 2018.
As a reminder, here's a list of the features the new activity facility will offer!
- Artificial Turf for All-Weather Activities
- Located on RHS campus (Currently on RMS campus 5 miles away.)
- 4000 Seats (2000 more than current)
- 738 Parking Spaces (400 more than current)
- Field markings for Football, Band and Soccer
- Automatic Timing for Track
- 2 Concession Stands with Storage
- Reserved Seating for Band
- Double Amount of Restroom Facilities
- Double Size of Current Press Box
- 4 Ticket Booths (2 currently)
- Covered Vendor Area
- Improved ADA Accessibility
- Expanded Field House with Storage & Meeting Room Space