The mission of the Republic K-12 Special Education Department is to promote student achievement, based on specifically identified needs, and preparation for success in the paths students choose to pursue.
The vision of the Republic K-12 Special Education Department is to see students with educational disabilities who understand their rights and abilities, and are being challenged to meet expectations that prepare them for sustainable employment, further education, and training.
On behalf of students with educational disabilities, the Republic K-12 Special Education Office will:
- Support building level staff as they align instruction to Republic’s curricular expectations to the identified needs of the students.
- Support building level staff as they work to implement the procedural requirements of the IDEA and Section 504.
- Support child find responsibility in a manner consistent with the IDEA and Section 504.
- Support the inclusion of students with educational disabilities into the general education classroom.
- Support high standards for all students with educational disabilities.