Attention incoming Republic School District Kindergarten families! It’s time to schedule your child’s Kindergarten screening and enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year! Any child who resides in the Republic School District boundaries that will be 5 on or before July 31 is eligible.Thank you so much for being patient with us as we have worked to reschedule kindergarten screening dates and continue to create plans for kindergarten orientation! Regardless of the uniqueness and uncertainty of this time, we are VERY EXCITED to welcome your student to kindergarten in the fall!That said, kindergarten screening dates have been rescheduled per the below dates. Screening times will be between 8:45 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Starting Thursday, May 14 our schools will be contacting you to reschedule. However, you are welcome to contact the office to set a time as well. Anyone who has not previously scheduled an appointment is encouraged to contact our schools as we have plenty of openings and want to screen as many students as possible!July 22 - Sweeny Elementary 732-3670July 23 - Schofield Elementary 732-3610July 27 - Lyon Elementary 732-3630July 29 - Price Elementary 732-3690August 3 - McCulloch Elementary 732-3620CLICK HERE for a boundary map to determine which building your child will attend if you have not yet done so. If you have questions, please contact the Transportation Department at 732-3680.Please allow 90 minutes to complete the screening. To learn more about what your child will experience during the screening, CLICK HERE.
In addition to scheduling a screening appointment, please follow the below steps:
STEP 1: Prior to your child's screening appointment, please complete the online enrollment paperwork using the SISK12 Parent Portal, HERE. Before moving forward, please determine which circumstance best describes your family on the bulleted list below and follow those directions.
STEP 2: Once you have completed step 1, please plan to bring the following items to your student's elementary building by June 10. Drop off will be available at each building between 9:00-3:00, Monday through Friday starting May 26:
- If you have other students who currently attend Republic School District, simply login to the system using your current credentials. Your username will be the email address you provided to the district. If you've forgotten your password simply select the "forgot password" button and follow the prompts. Keep in mind, you will be completing forms for all of your children at this time. However, you'll need to "verify" and "update" these forms again in July when enrollment opens to all families. CLICK HERE for directions.
- If you do not have any other students who attend Republic School District currently, please select "Register New Family" on the login screen and follow the prompts. CLICK HERE for directions.
- If you have had a child attend Republic School District in the past, but do not have a student currently enrolled, please contact the building where your student will be attending before completing the online registration process.
We understand that starting kindergarten brings a whirl of emotions for both the child and the family. Therefore, having an orientation-type event is important to us. We are working on plans to host such an event to make sure our new students and their families have a chance to get questions answered and visit their new school buildings to get comfortable. Please save the evenings of August 12 and 13. Stay tuned for additional details!We are excited to welcome the class of 2033 to school!
- Child’s birth certificate and immunization record
- Current proof of residency (utility bill: water, gas, electric; rental agreement, or real estate contract)
- Parent/guardian picture identification