NOTICE OF ANNUAL SCHOOL ELECTION
In compliance with RSMo 115.127.5, notice is hereby given to the qualified voters of the Republic R-III School District of Greene and Christian Counties of Missouri, that the Annual Election of said District will be held on Tuesday, the third day of April, 2018, beginning at six o’clock a.m., and closing at seven o’clock p.m., of said day, to vote upon school board members. Candidates for school board may file at the central office located at 518 North Hampton, Republic, Missouri. Filing will begin on December 12, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. and will continue during the district’s regular business hours, which are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Except for the first and last day of filing, filing will not occur on days that the school district’s central office is closed due to inclement weather. Filing will also not occur on the following holidays and breaks when the school district’s central office is closed: December 21, 2017 through January 1, 2018 and January 15, 2018. Filing will end on January 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. There are 2 positions available with three-year terms.
Done by order of the Board of Education, this the 16th day of November, 2017.
Candidate ResourcesThe Missouri School Boards' Association provides multiple resources to candidates. Click HERE to access this information. Candidates should call specific attention to the requirements of placing their name on the ballot. The document named "A Candidate's Guide to Running for the School Board" lists these requirements. Below are a few specific items to consider:
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates must be a resident of Missouri for a minimum of one year.
- Candidates must reside within the Republic School District.
- Candidates must be at least 24 years old.
- Candidates cannot be delinquent on various taxes, and must file an affidavit affirming this fact to the Missouri Department of Revenue.
- Candidates cannot have been convicted of, found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under Missouri and/or federal law. Misdemeanors under federal law are also applicable.