Candidate ResourcesSchool board elections take place annually in April. Filing takes place in December of the previous year. The Missouri School Boards' Association provides multiple resources to candidates. Click HERE to access this information. Candidates should call specific attention to the requirements of placing their name on the ballot. The document named "A Candidate's Guide to Running for the School Board" lists these requirements. Below are a few specific items to consider:
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates must be a resident of Missouri for a minimum of one year.
- Candidates must reside within the Republic School District.
- Candidates must be at least 24 years old.
- Candidates cannot be delinquent on various taxes, and must file an affidavit affirming this fact to the Missouri Department of Revenue.
- Candidates cannot have been convicted of, found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under Missouri and/or federal law. Misdemeanors under federal law are also applicable.
Upcoming ElectionRepublic School District Board of Education candidates will be on the ballot on Election Day, which is April 4! The four candidates below filed for the three 3-year term seats available. Currently, Denny Lawson and John Parker hold two of those seats. Tammy Messier, who has served two terms, will not be running for re-election.The candidates are listed in order of appearance on the ballot:
- Denny Lawson (incumbent)
- John Parker (incumbent)
- Terry McConnell
- Adan Poulson