Attention incoming Republic School District Kindergarten families! It’s time to schedule a Kindergarten screening appointment, and complete your child’s online enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year! Any child who resides in the Republic School District boundaries that will be five on or before July 31 is eligible.
Between now and the first day of school in August, the following steps should be taken:
- Complete online enrollment
- Call your student’s future school building to sign up for kindergarten screening being held in July.
- Bring the needed documentation to your child’s school.
- Attend kindergarten screening in July at your child’s school.
- Attend kindergarten orientation in August at your child’s school.
Details on each of these steps are below!
CLICK HERE for a boundary map to determine which building your child will attend if you have not yet done so. If you have questions, please contact the Transportation Department at 417-732-3680.
STEP 1: Complete online enrollment
Please complete the online enrollment paperwork using the SISK12 Parent Portal, HERE. Before moving forward, please determine which circumstance best describes your family on the bulleted list below and follow those directions.
- If you have other students who currently attend Republic School District, simply login to the system using your current credentials. Your username will be the email address you provided to the district. If you've forgotten your password simply select the "forgot password" button and follow the prompts. Keep in mind, you will be completing forms for all of your children at this time. However, you'll need to "verify" and "update" these forms again in July when enrollment opens to all families. CLICK HERE for directions.
- If you do not have any other students who attend Republic School District currently, please select "Register New Family" on the login screen and follow the prompts. CLICK HERE for directions.
- If you have had a child attend Republic School District in the past, but do not have a student currently enrolled, please contact the building where your student will be attending before completing the online registration process.
STEP 2: Sign up for kindergarten screening by calling your student’s future school building.
Kindergarten screening provides our teachers with important information about how to meet your child’s needs before school even begins. This is an integral part of helping all of our kindergarten students be successful at school! Please allow 90 minutes to complete the screening, which will take place at your student’s future school building.
July 7 - Lyon Elementary 417-732-3630
July 19 - McCulloch Elementary 417-732-3620
July 27 - Price Elementary 417-732-3690
July 13 - Schofield Elementary 417-732-3610
July 22 - Sweeny Elementary 417-732-3670
STEP 3: Bring the needed documentation to your child’s school.
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2, please plan to bring the following items to your student's elementary building during business hours. TAKE NOTE: All incoming kindergarten students will need to do this including current EC students and those with older siblings. This helps the district confirm which school site each student will attend for the upcoming school year.
- Child’s birth certificate and immunization record
- Current proof of residency (utility bill: water, gas, electric; rental agreement, or real estate contract)
- Parent/guardian picture identification
STEP 4: Attend kindergarten screening in July at your child’s school.
As stated in STEP 2, kindergarten screening is VERY IMPORTANT to helping your child have a successful start to school. As the screening dates approach the district will provide reminders about scheduled appointments. Be sure to bring your child’s updated immunization record to your screening appointment!
STEP 5: Attend kindergarten orientation in August at your child’s school.
We understand that starting kindergarten brings a whirl of emotions for both the child and the family. Therefore, having an orientation-type event is important to us. We are working on plans to host such an event at each building to make sure our new students and their families have a chance to get questions answered and visit their new school buildings to get comfortable. Please save the evenings listed below, and as further information is available it will be shared!
August 11th - Lyon and Schofield
August 15th - McCulloch, Price and Sweeny