Information for incoming kindergarten students for the 2022-2023 School Year will be available in early 2022, please check back then for updated information!
Attention incoming Republic School District Kindergarten families! It’s time to schedule a Kindergarten screening appointment, and complete your child’s online enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year! Any child who resides in the Republic School District boundaries that will be five on or before July 31 is eligible.
Between now and the first day of school in August, the following steps should be taken:
1. Sign up for kindergarten screening online using the link below.
2. Register your student online, beginning July 12.
3. Bring the needed documentation to your child’s school, beginning July 19.
4. Attend kindergarten screening in July at your child’s school.
5. Attend kindergarten orientation in August at your child’s school.
Details on each of these steps are below!
CLICK HERE for a boundary map to determine which building your child will attend if you have not yet done so. If you have questions, please contact the Transportation Department at 732-3680.
STEP 1: Sign up for kindergarten screening online using the link below.
Kindergarten screening provides our teachers with important information about how to meet your child’s needs before school even begins. This is an integral part of helping all of our kindergarten students be successful at school! Please allow 90 minutes to complete the screening.
Due to COVID19 kindergarten screening will take place on the following dates. Sign up now, but we will provide reminder information as the screening dates approach.
July 21 - Lyon Elementary 732-3630
July 27 - McCulloch Elementary 732-3620
July 28 - Price Elementary 732-3690
July 22 - Schofield Elementary 732-3610
July 26 - Sweeny Elementary 732-3670
STEP 2: Register your student online, beginning July 12.
Please complete the online enrollment paperwork using the SISK12 Parent Portal, HERE. Before moving forward, please determine which circumstance best describes your family on the bulleted list below and follow those directions.
- If your incoming kindergarten student is currently enrolled at EC or you have other students who currently attend Republic School District, simply login to the system using your current credentials. Your username will be the email address you provided to the district. If you've forgotten your password simply select the "forgot password" button and follow the prompts. Keep in mind, you will be completing forms for all of your children at this time. However, you'll need to "verify" and "update" these forms again in July when enrollment opens to all families. CLICK HERE for directions.
- If you do not have any other students who attend Republic School District currently, please select "Register New Family" on the login screen and follow the prompts. CLICK HERE for directions.
- If you have had a child attend Republic School District in the past, but do not have a student currently enrolled, please contact the building where your student will be attending before completing the online registration process.
STEP 3: Bring the needed documentation to your child’s school, beginning July 19.
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2, please plan to bring the following items to your student's elementary building during business hours. Elementary offices will be closed June 16 - July 18.
- Child’s birth certificate and immunization record
- Current proof of residency (utility bill: water, gas, electric; rental agreement, or real estate contract)
- Parent/guardian picture identification
STEP 4: Attend kindergarten screening in July at your child’s school.
As stated in STEP 2, kindergarten screening is VERY IMPORTANT to helping your child have a successful start to school. As the screening dates approach the district will provide reminders about scheduled appointments. Be sure to bring your child’s updated immunization record to your screening appointment!
STEP 5: Attend kindergarten orientation in August at your child’s school.
We understand that starting kindergarten brings a whirl of emotions for both the child and the family. Therefore, having an orientation-type event is important to us. We are working on plans to host such an event at each building to make sure our new students and their families have a chance to get questions answered and visit their new school buildings to get comfortable. Please save the evenings listed below, and as further information is available it will be shared!
August 12: Sweeny, Price and McCulloch
August 16: Schofield and Lyon