From the Athletic DirectorAthletics can be a valuable component of a student's educational experience. Through the promotion of self discipline, dedication, sportsmanship, teamwork, accountability, and commitment to achievement, athletics fosters many of the qualities and educational values we endorse as a district. Athletic competition is a forum through which students may push themselves and their limitations, allowing them to develop self confidence and enhance their self esteem.
Trevyor FisherActivities Director
May 15, 2020Dear Republic High School Students and Families,We are excited to announce our plan for starting RHS summer weights and sport-specific activities. This plan was developed utilizing the guidelines established by the Springfield-Greene County Health Department along with other local, state, and federal entities. We want to make everyone aware of the specific protocols we are putting in place to ensure the safety of our students and coaches. Please note that this plan is subject to change at any time depending on recommendations provided by the aforementioned officials. Your sport/activity coach or sponsor will be communicating with you in regards to specific dates and times. Please contact your specific coach with any questions you may have.**Weights and Small Group Sport Specific Skill Development can start on May 26**Weight Room
Sport Specific Activities
- Limited to 25 kids in an area at one time, if guidelines allow (2 kids per rack in weight room)
- Can utilize other areas at the same time (Commons, Gyms, Outside)
- Stagger groups of students to minimize the number of students on campus
- Racks cleaned, wiped, and sanitized after each group is complete
- Hand sanitizer bottles located at each rack
- Social distancing guidelines followed
Precautions Being Taken
- Small group skill development
- No contact, games, or live-action practices (subject to change depending on revised guidelines released later this month)
- Drill work, skill development, sport-specific conditioning, etc
- Cheer and Poms tryouts can occur with social distancing guidelines followed
**The second part of summer could have fewer restrictions and more allowances on sport-specific practices/camps/shootouts. Please remember that these guidelines could change at any time due to state/county/local restrictions that are in place.**
- All racks and weight stations are cleaned, wiped, and sanitized after each group leaves the weight room
- Hand Sanitizer bottles located at each rack in the weight room
- All sport-specific equipment that is used will be cleaned after each workout
- Handheld sanitizing spray guns will be utilized in each area where students are present and used to clean equipment after each day
- Each athlete should bring their own water bottle
- Interior doors will be propped open to help eliminate the touching of door handles
Republic High School Event and Stadium Expectations
Thank you in advance for your help in following the below expectations for Republic High School events. If we work together to adhere to these rules, we can ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all event attendees.
**If children are not at the concession stands, restrooms, or canopy/vendor area, they need to be seated in the bleachers. Playing, socializing, and running in open areas of the high school or stadium will not be permitted.
**All RMS and RHS students will be expected to sit in the stand with a parent/guardian OR in the designated sections. At the stadium, RHS students will sit in the middle lower section of the bleachers and RMS students will sit in the north lower section of the bleachers.
**At the stadium, adults are welcome to stand next to the railing in the plaza areas on each side of the home bleachers; however, we ask that no one stand along the north end zone fence.
**During football and soccer games, members of the general public are not allowed on the track.
**No tobacco, outside food/drink, pets, large bags, or student re-entry is permitted for all RMS and RHS athletic events.
Change in MSHSAA Physical Exam RequirementMSHSAA recently changed their requirement for student physicals required for activity/athletic participation. In the past those were to be completed annually. However, effective immediately, physicals are now valid for 2 years (730 days) from the date of issue. Therefore, physicals from this current school year will still be valid for the 2019-20 school year.
Take note, medical history, student agreement, parent consent, proof of insurance, concussion education and emergency contact sections of the Pre-Participation Evaluation will still need to be updated and completed by parent and students annually, prior to participation.
2019/2020 Athletic PassesAthletic passes for the 2019/2020 school year will be available at the high school office beginning Monday, July 29, 2019.Athletic Passes are good for any home game (middle school and high school) and exclude all tournaments, district, or state competitions. Passes are available at the High School Office, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.Student Punch Pass - $10.00 for ten regular home gamesAdult Punch Pass - $20.00 for ten regular home gamesStudent Season Pass - $30.00 for all regular home gamesAdult Season Pass - $50.00 for all regular home games
Contact InformationTrevyor Fisher, Activities Director
Kat Manasco, Administrative Assistant
Athletic Phone: 417.732.3703