The health services staff is here to partner with you and the school faculty/staff to ensure a healthy and safe environment for your child to learn and grow. Each school building has a health office that is staffed by a nurse and is accessible to your child during school hours. Our goal is to help keep your child healthy and in school learning. If your child has a chronic health issue, concern or special needs, we will work with you and your doctor to ensure your child has his/her needs met. Please contact your child's nurse for any concerns at any time during the school year.
Tackling Germs and Keeping Your Kids Healthy
National, State, and County Resources
Missouri DHSS: https://health.mo.gov/livinghealthcondiseases/communicable/novel-coronarvirus
Local Springfield-Greene County Health Department health.springfieldmo.gov/coronarvirus
Please see all official school communication in the Tiger Talk & Staff Communicator from Josey McPhail, Director of Communication.
A few quick reminders to keep your child healthy and in school learning:
- Wash hands frequently, before/after eating, after using the restroom and after blowing the nose. If soap and water are unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Cover all coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Keep your child home if he or she is ill.
- Fever is considered equal to or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stay up to date on all immunizations.
- Eat nutritious meals, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest to build strong immune systems.
- Get lots of exercise, sunshine and exercise.